In the neighborhoods throughout Birmingham, people use motorcycles to get around. Whether a rider wants to take a motorcycle for a relaxing ride near Red Mountain or is commuting to work in North Birmingham, the bike can be a fun and economical way get to a destination.
Motorcycle accidents, however, can happen through no fault of the rider. And when they do happen, the injuries can be extreme. That's because a relatively small motorcycle is no match against a larger vehicle, which can weigh 3,000 pounds. A motorcycle wreck involving a tractor-trailer or other large commercial vehicle can have even worse consequences. A rider might get killed at a Birmingham intersection if a car or truck makes a left hand turn and fails to yield.
- Why You Need to Work with an Experienced Lawyer
- What to do If You're in a Motorcycle Accident
- What If the Other Driver is Uninsured?
The following are some of the catastrophic injuries our law firm has seen when motorcycles are struck by other vehicles:
- Spinal cord damage
- Brain injuries
- Internal injuries
- Fractures or broken bones
- Road rash (injuries to the skin that result from skidding along hard surfaces)
- Fatal injuries
A motorcycle crash in Birmingham typically leads to significant losses, physically, financially and emotionally. But an insurance company may do everything in its power to keep compensation from victims and their families.
That's why you need an accident lawyer from the Mike Slocumb Law Firm at your side. We have a long history of getting results for clients. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of the injured and families who have lost loved ones because of the negligence of other drivers.
We will help you fight for justice. If you are in an accident, you should do all you can to strengthen your claim.
- Seek immediate medical attention. You should take your injuries seriously to send a clear message to the insurance company that the accident had an impact on your life.
- Take photos of the accident scene if possible. If you can't do so yourself, ask someone else at the scene to take pictures.
- Don't talk to the other side's insurance company adjuster. Whatever you say can be used against you to hurt your claim.
You will need to contact an attorney at Mike Slocumb Law Firm as soon as possible. That way, we can get started with an investigation. We talk to witnesses. We reach out to outside experts, including accident reconstructionists. We review police reports and look into the background of the driver. By working with legal counsel, you will feel confident knowing your rights are fully protected.
Unfortunately, Alabama has a higher-than-average number of uninsured drivers. Recent studies revealed that about one out of every five drivers in the state does not carry insurance. Many drivers also are underinsured. That means if they cause an accident, their insurance is not adequate to pay for all of the expenses incurred by the victim. If you were in an Alabama car accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver, you have options. You may be able to file a claim with your own insurance company if you carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
Get started now by completing the free consultation form on this page.