Slocumb Law Firm's motorcycle accident lawyers in Huntsville understand how difficult it can be to get fair compensation after you've been struck by a driver of a car or truck. Motorcycle riders unfortunately have to deal with stereotypes. Many people see a motorcycle rider as someone who is reckless and willing to take risks on the road and put themselves in danger. When an accident occurs, the insurance company may try to deny compensation even when the biker did nothing wrong. They may even be willing to go to trial with the thought that a jury will have a bias against the motorcycle accident victim.
That's why it's so important to retain an attorney who understands the consequences - someone who is will to fight aggressively to protect the rights of the victim. If you were injured or a loved one was injured or died in a motorcycle accident, you deserve compensation. We will fight to make sure you are treated fairly. Our job is to help you pay for medical bills, recover your lost wages and get compensation for other damages, including pain and suffering, emotional distress and more. We get results by putting experience and resources to work. We know the law and know how to reach out to top outside experts who can support your claim. Call us today for a no obligation consultation: 256-564-9915.
The following are some of the types of motorcycle accidents that can result in catastrophic injuries or fatalities. If you were in any of these types of accidents in Madison County, talk to us immediately to get started:
- Driver doesn't see the motorcycle - Sadly, these are among the most common types of motorcycle wrecks. A driver changes lanes and strikes down a biker who was doing nothing wrong. Often, the driver fails to check his or her blind spot and causes an accident.
- Left-turn intersection accidents - These are crashes in which a driver makes a left turn in an intersection and collides with a motorcycle who had the right of way. The driver may have failed to judge the distance between the car and the motorcycle.
- Drunk driving crashes with motorcycles - Drunk drivers can cause serious injuries and fatalities when they've come into contact with any type of vehicle, but these accidents can be particularly dangerous when the impaired driver strikes a motorcycle.
- U-turn accidents - A driver who makes a U-turn might not see a motorcycle coming and strike down the rider, causing a serious injury.
- Rear-end accidents - Even a slow-speed rear-end accident can have grave consequences if a motorcycle gets struck.
Our lawyers can start by helping you get your medical bills paid. No two accidents, of course, are the same. The other damages you may be entitled to receive will vary, depending on the circumstances. But generally speaking you may be entitled to lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering and punitive damages (which are meant to punish a defendant such as a drunk driver and act as a deterrent so others do not engage in similar behavior).
We want to hear from you today about your motorcycle crash. Call now for a free consultation. You pay us no fees unless you win.