Burruss Riis, Experienced Alabama Personal Injury Attorney
Attorney Burruss Riis at Mike Slocumb Law Firm has focused his practice primarily on personal injury cases with an emphasis on automobile wrecks, slip and fall cases, worker’s compensation, medical malpractice and dog bite injuries.
Burruss graduated from The University of Alabama School of Law where he was a member of the Trial Advocacy team, worked in the Domestic Violence Clinic and the Mediation Clinic. While in law school, he worked for the law firm Tobias McCormick and Comer LLC and interned with the Mobile County District Attorney’s Office. He also spent a summer working with Justice Sarah Stewart in Mobile County, and spent several months working for Federal Magistrate Judge Katherine Nelson in the Southern District of Alabama.
Before attending law school, Burruss grew up in Mobile where he attended St. Paul’s Episcopal School. Upon graduation, he attended the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, Mississippi where he was on the dean’s list and is a member of the Sigma Chi Fraternity. He graduated with a major in Business Administration.
Burruss attends Government Street Presbyterian Church. In his free time, he enjoys hunting, fishing, and sailing.
- All Trial Practice and Civil Litigation
- Wrongful Death
- Car Wrecks
- Products Liability
- Personal Injury: Accidents, Slip & Falls, Dog bites
- Alabama State Bar
- Southern District of Alabama
- Middle District of Alabama
- Member of the Alabama State Bar
- Member of the Mobile Bar association
- Member of the American Inns of Court
- Committee for Young Lawyers
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association
- University of Southern Mississippi
- University of Alabama School of Law