What Should I Do After My Baltimore Car Accident?
Experienced Baltimore lawyers explain what you should do
Our Baltimore car accident attorneys know how complicated and confusing accidents can be in Charm City. Even knowing what to do right after your car accident might not be clear, especially if you have never been in a car crash before in Baltimore.
That's why it's critical that you understand the process and know what to do. Otherwise, you could miss out on your opportunity to obtain the financial compensation you need and deserve.
The Mike Slocumb Law Firm has the knowledge and experience you need to hold the driver who caused your crash accountable for their actions. That's why we created this page - to help you understand your rights and have an action plan.
What to do after your Baltimore car accident
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident caused by another driver in Baltimore, we strongly recommend taking the following steps:
- Contact the police - Tell them you've been in an accident caused by another driver. Ask the Baltimore police to respond to the scene because having an official accident report can often make a dramatic difference in the outcome of your case.
- Seek medical attention - Even if you feel fine, make sure you have a doctor examine you right away. You could have a life-threatening internal injury. If you don't get medical treatment right away, your life could be in danger.
- Take photographs - If possible, take photographs. A picture could be a critical piece of evidence when trying to obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
- Get driver's information - Make sure you get the following information from the driver who caused your Baltimore car accident:
- Driver's name
- Home address
- Phone number
- Insurance information
- Keep quiet - Many people have a tendency to talk but it is important to realize that anything you say - no matter how innocent it might seem - could later be used to deny your claim. As a result, simply give the same information (your name, address, phone number and insurance info) to the other driver and don't say anything else. Even saying "I'm sorry" could be interpreted as an admission of guilt.
- Talk to witnesses - If someone saw your Baltimore car accident, make sure you get the witness's full name and best phone number to reach them. Also ask them to talk to the police officer who responded to the scene. Witness testimony can be a critical piece of evidence in many claims.
- Contact a lawyer - The sooner you talk to a lawyer, the better. You have too much at risk to delay seeking legal advice.
The clock is ticking. The longer you wait to take legal action, the harder it often becomes to build a strong, legal case.
How our Baltimore car accident attorneys can help you
There are so many different ways a lawyer can help you. One of the most common problems you might encounter is the driver who caused your crash might deny doing anything wrong. They might even try to blame you for causing your Baltimore car accident. Insurance companies are often happy to believe them. That way, they have an excuse for denying your claim.
We can help you set the record straight. We know what evidence to look for. We know how the legal system works in Baltimore. We know how to get the job done right. Put your trust in a Baltimore car accident lawyer who puts your best interests first. Contact our Baltimore office and schedule your free case evaluation today.