Charleston Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Fighting For Injured Bikers
Hurt in a Charleston motorcycle wreck? Let a lawyer tackle your claim
There are a lot of beautiful rides to take on motorcycles in Charleston and throughout West Virginia, but getting injured in an accident is something all bikers should realize might happen. Our Charleston motorcycle accident lawyers understand how passionate people can be about their motorcycles. Whether you're cruising through a West Virginia mountain range or riding through the city, getting injured in a crash with someone else can be a life-altering event with catastrophic consequences.
There are millions of bikers in the U.S., and most of them understand the risk of severe injury that's associated with using on a motorcycle. One recent study found that people who ride motorcycles are at least 25 more times likely to get into a fatal crash than people who drive passenger vehicles, simply because cars provide more protection when accidents occur. While safety equipment such as helmets and protective gear helps, bikers who get into accidents are often left seriously injured or killed because the consequences of wrecking a motorcycle are usually much more severe compared to getting into a car accident.
If you were injured or a loved one was killed in a motorcycle wreck, our Charleston motorcycle accident attorneys can help you come up with a plan to get serve justice and get maximum compensation. Contact an attorney from the Mike Slocumb Law Firm in Charleston today for a free consultation.
How were you injured? Our Charleston motorcycle wreck lawyers can help
With little protection between them, the road, and other vehicles, bikers are extremely vulnerable to injury when they wreck their bikes. Talk to anyone who rides a motorcycle and inevitably you'll come across someone who has a terrifying and frightening crash story to tell. Some may even know bikers who were killed in fatal accidents. Having an impact with the road and/or another vehicle can be unforgiving for the biker and any of their passengers. There are a lot of different injuries someone can sustain in a motorcycle crash, including:
- Concussions and brain damage: A concussion may occur when the brain slams into the skull and is bruised, resulting in a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Wearing an approved helmet can help reduce the odds of sustaining a head or brain injury in a crash, but many bikers who get into accidents end up with tragic, life-altering damage to their brains. A brain injury can greatly reduce someone's quality of life and may require long-term treatment. If you've sustained this type of injury, our lawyers can explain your legal options.
- Broken bones: A biker's fingers, wrists, arms, elbows, shoulders, knees, pelvis, spine, and neck are all vulnerable to breaks or fractures if that biker goes down in a wreck, with shoulder and pelvis breaks some the more frequent types of injury motorcyclists sustain in crashes. While suffering a broken finger in a crash might not seem like a big deal, a broken spine or neck can easily cause paralysis or death. Our attorneys are ready to help crash victims who suffered broken bones. Contact us today.
- Soft tissue damage: Muscle or tendon strains and sprains can occur in a motorcycle accident as the biker slides across the road. These types of injuries can be debilitating and require extensive physical therapy in order for the crash victim to recover. If you were in a collision that resulted in soft tissue damage, contact our lawyers as soon as possible.
- Road rash: When a biker is dislodged from their motorcycle in an accident, they can have their skin scraped off as momentum drags them against the rough road. Road rash can result in permanent scarring, disfigurement, muscle damage, nerve damage, and serious infection. This is why so many bikers wear protective gear such as leather gloves, pants, boots, and jackets. A very painful injury, road rash is one of the more common ways people are hurt in motorcycle wrecks. If you are suffering from road rash, let our attorneys get to work for you.
- Biker's arm: When someone falls, their natural reaction is to hold their arms out to help brace for impact. With bikers, this often results in serious nerve and muscle damage to the upper arm, also known as biker's arm. This injury can manifest and cause symptoms such as minor aches and pains. Severe cases may result in permanent muscle or nerve damage. Biker's arm can be a serious injury, and our lawyers are ready to hold those responsible for your accident accountable for their actions.
- Lacerations, bruises, scarring: Horrific gashes, deep bruises, and lacerations that result in mutilation are all possible for those who get into a crash on a motorcycle. Protective gear can help reduce the odds of disfigurement, but those who wreck their bikes often sustain different kinds of cuts and bruises.
Our experienced Charleston motorcycle accident lawyers deliver results
Some people use their bikes as their main means of transportation, and others are enthusiasts who ride out of passion and enjoyment. Whether you use your bike to get to work everyday or you simply like riding at your own leisure, wrecking your motorcycle can be upsetting and frustrating. Your bike could be totaled. You may have been injured. You might need to miss time from work as you recover. And the person who caused your accident might try to say they weren't responsible for the wreck.
Our Charleston motorcycle accident attorneys appreciate and admire the West Virginia motorcycle community, and that's why our lawyers are so devoted to delivering justice to bikers who were injured in accidents caused by others. If you were injured in a crash, our Charleston motorcycle accident lawyers can answer your questions, figure out your options, and help you get full compensation through a settlement or verdict. Take a stand and fight back with the help of a Charleston motorcycle accident attorney. Contact a lawyer from the Mike Slocumb Law Firm in Charleston today for a free consultation.