We handle car accidents, dog bites, work injuries and other serious cases from Dearborn to Grosse Pointe
Mike Slocumb Law Firm
2855 Coolidge Highway, Suite 203
Troy, MI 48084
You've been injured in an accident in Detroit and need help. You've come to the right place. With an office in Troy, MI, the Detroit-area personal injury lawyers at Slocumb Law Firm work diligently every day to help clients secure compensation and closure. From Downtown Detroit to the Midtown and New Center areas, accidents can occur without warning and leave victims frightened and confused.
Don't forget that you have rights! Slocumb Law Firm will fight on your behalf if you were injured in a car wreck, suffered a dog bite or were hurt at work. If a loved one died, we can help you explore a possible wrongful death claim. You don't have to pay us anything up front. We start with a free consultation. If we take your case, we won't charge you by the hour. We work on a contingency fee basis, so you only pay us if we win. Call or visit us at our Troy, Michigan office near Interstate 75, close to the center of Detroit.
Do I Need to File a Lawsuit?
Most accident claims end with settlements, and our attorneys have years of experience at the negotiating table. The insurance companies take notice when Slocumb Law Firm is handling a case. But that doesn't mean every accident claim settles. That's why we prepare every case as if it will be heard by a judge and jury. We are not afraid to file a lawsuit against the person or company that caused your accident. We will take on big corporations that create dangerous products as well as reckless or careless motorists that cause accidents on I-94, I-75 or any other roadway in Detroit.
What are Examples of Negligence?
The list of negligent actions is long and distressing. Common forms of negligence on Detroit roads include speeding, distracted driving and drunk driving. It's not just drivers who make careless or reckless choices. A trucking company, for example, may be negligent when it hires an untrained driver to operate an 18-wheeler. A pet owner who fails to exercise reasonable care in allowing their dog or other animal around others also may be negligent if that animal injures someone.
Who Am I Suing?
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may file a lawsuit against any number of individuals or entities. Here are some common cases we handle in the Wayne County area. The entity who might be sued is listed next to the case:
- Car crashes: A driver who was negligent or, in some cases, a company that made a defective product.
- Dog bites: The owner of the dog. Generally, the pet owner's homeowner insurance policy will cover the losses in a dog bite claim.
- Medical malpractice: Doctors, medical professionals and hospitals may be named as defendants in a lawsuit. We investigate cases involving injuries to patients to determine what happened and who should be held accountable.
- Slip and fall accidents: Owners of properties where visitors or tenants are injured may be sued for failing to protect people from hazards.
- Workplace accidents: An employer who carries workers' compensation insurance generally cannot be sued, but we may file a lawsuit against a third party (someone other than the employer) that was negligent.