Hurt in an Uber Crash? Let a Washington, DC Car Accident Lawyer Help
Our law firm delivers results to people injured in Uber and Lyft crashes
Ride-sharing apps, such as Uber and Lyft, have become a convenient and popular way to hail a ride, and when people use these services, they expect to get to their destination safely. Unfortunately, Uber and Lyft drivers get into crashes just like other drivers. If you're involved in one of these collisions and get hurt, understanding your legal options can be difficult. The Washington, DC car accident lawyers from the Mike Slocumb Law Firm have experience handling crashes involving ride-sharing services, such as Uber or Lyft, and we know what to do to help you get compensation that's fair and deserved. If you've been hurt, contact our Washington, DC law firm today for a free consultation.
"What happens when you're a passenger in an Uber or Lyft accident?"
No passenger who hails a ride-sharing service expects to get hurt in a car accident, but it happens all the time. Uber and Lyft drivers are regular people like the rest of us, and sometimes they have collisions. Whether the accident was your Uber or Lyft driver's fault or due to the negligence of another driver, someone needs to be held accountable and pay for your damages. Figuring out who's at-fault isn't easy though, and that's why securing a knowledgeable Washington, DC car accident lawyer from the Mike Slocumb Law Firm is smart. So, what do you do if your Uber or Lyft gets into a crash with you as a passenger? We recommend you:
- Call the police: Your health and well-being should be your top priority, so if you or anyone else requires medical attention, it's important to get treated right away. Even if you think your injuries aren't serious, it's recommended that you get checked out by an EMT or at the hospital to make sure you're OK. Getting police to create an accident report is also important.
- Take pictures/videos: You'll want to document the scene of the crash and the damage to both cars. Try to take as many photos as possible and show the details of how the crash happened. This can be valuable evidence when determining who's responsible for the collision.
- Write down information: You'll want to make note of your driver's information, including their name and what kind of car they drive. Be sure to also get the name, contact info, and insurance info of anyone else involved in the car accident. If there were any witnesses, write down their information as well. Witnesses may be willing to give a testimony detailing what they saw, which can help determine who caused the collision.
- Call a car accident lawyer: A Washington, DC car crash attorney from the Mike Slocumb Law Firm can help you sort things out after your Uber or Lyft crash and figure out who's liable for paying your expenses. Every crash is different, and there are different factors that determine who's insurance covers what in the event on a collision. Ultimately, you will need to seek compensation from either:
- The Uber or Lyft driver's personal insurance
- Uber or Lyft's insurance
- The other driver's insurance
Whether you were hurt as a passenger in an Uber or Lyft, got into a car accident with one of their drivers, or were injured as a pedestrian by a ride-sharing driver, the Mike Slocumb Law Firm can explain your options, answer your questions, and map out a plan to help you get maximum compensation. When you're hurt due to someone else's negligence, you shouldn't be responsible for all the expenses that start to pile up. We can get you compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. If you've been injured in an Uber or Lyft crash, fight back with the help of a Washington, DC car crash attorney. Contact the Mike Slocumb Law Firm today for a free consultation.