Injuries Suffered By Riders in Washington, DC Motorcycle Accidents
Our Washington, DC motorcycle crash lawyers can get you compensation
One of the biggest appeals of riding a motorcycle is being out in the open and feeling the sun on your face as the engine rumbles underneath you. This is also the reason why so many bikers suffer horrifying injuries in motorcycle crashes that end up changing their lives forever, and why they ultimately need the help of a Washington, DC motorcycle accident lawyer. Whether it's a traumatic brain injury (TBI), broken leg, severed limb or debilitating back injury, a motorcycle crash can inflict damage that causes a biker to need extensive medical treatment, and in some cases, long-term care.
If you've been hurt or a loved one was killed in a motorcycle wreck, a Washington, DC motorcycle crash attorney at the Mike Slocumb Law Firm can get you the compensation you need and deserve. You may be able to file a claim for medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and more. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Compassionate motorcycle accident lawyers serving Washington, DC
Motorcycle wrecks can be scary and dangerous. Even if you don't feel like you've been hurt in a collision, there's a chance you've sustained a life-threatening internal injury without even realizing it. Symptoms from motorcycle crash injuries can sometimes take days or weeks to emerge, and some riders end up doing more harm by trying to diagnose their own injuries without seeking care from a medical professional. If you've been in a motorcycle wreck, be sure to get checked out by a doctor immediately so you can get the treatment you need.
Our Washington, DC motorcycle crash attorneys have experience advocating for bikers who have sustained injuries such as:
- Head or brain injuries: Whether you slightly bumped your head or were knocked out and suffered a concussion, a head injury or TBI can severely impact your quality of life. Even bikers who wear helmets can sustain head or brain injuries that require extensive medical treatment.
- Broken or fractured bones: Arms, legs, ribs, hands, feet ─ there are many different bones that can fracture or break in a motorcycle crash, since the biker usually takes the brunt of the impact in a collision. Even a low-impact crash can cause a biker to fall to the ground and have their bike fall on top of them, leading to painful bone breaks, fractures or nerve damage. In some severe cases, amputation may be necessary.
- Spinal cord injuries: Whether it's whiplash or paralysis ─ recovering from a spinal cord injury sustained in a motorcycle crash can be an uphill battle. Chiropractor visits and treatment from other medical professionals will most likely be necessary for a spine or back injury.
- Biker's arm: When a 400-pound motorcycle falls on a biker's arm in a crash, the result is often nerve damage in the arm that can cause paralysis or immobility.
- Road rash: Bikers who are in motorcycle wrecks can have their skin scraped off from skidding across the road, resulting in severe pain and suffering. Left untreated, a serious infection can develop and become life-threatening.
How a Washington, DC motorcycle accident lawyer can help you
If you've been injured in a motorcycle crash, you might consider yourself lucky to have survived when so many fellow bikers lose their lives in collisions every year. That doesn't mean the road to recovery will be an easy one. Your injuries may require long-term care from medical professionals and specialists, and in some severe cases, you may need multiple surgeries and extensive physical therapy. If someone else caused your motorcycle crash, you may be able to seek compensation for all your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and more. Fight back with the help of a Washington, DC motorcycle accident lawyer. Contact the Mike Slocumb Law Firm today for a free consultation.