Common Types of Washington, DC Motorcycle Crashes
Washington, DC motorcycle accident lawyers who help injured bikers
Our Washington, DC motorcycle accident lawyers see and hear about bikers getting hurt in crashes all the time. A biker is severely injured after crashing into a car that pulls out into their path. Another biker is left in critical condition when an SUV runs a stop sign and crashes into their motorcycle. Someone is killed in a motorcycle crash the instant a drunk driver hits them in a head-on collision. Bikers are vulnerable to accidents that result in serious injury or death because they're so unprotected and vulnerable while riding their motorcycles.
Unfortunately, many of these crashes are caused by the mistake or negligence of other drivers. If you've been hurt or a loved one was killed in a motorcycle wreck, our Washington, DC motorcycle wreck attorneys can get you the compensation you need and deserve. You may be able to file a claim for medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and more. Contact the Mike Slocumb Law Firm today for a free consultation.
Washington, DC lawyers explain how motorcycle crashes happen
There are a lot of different ways for bikers to get hurt while riding their motorcycles, even if they're driving safely and following the rules of the road. Some of the more common ways our Washington, DC motorcycle lawyers see bikers get injured include:
- Lane changes: How many times do we have to hear "I didn't see them" when another driver explains why they crashed directly into a biker while changing lanes? Motorcycles are smaller than cars and trucks, but that's no excuse to recklessly change lanes without making sure it's safe and clear first. Drivers who fail to signal often crash into unsuspecting bikers, as well.
- Dooring: If someone in a stopped or parked car opens their door and a biker crashes into it, it's commonly referred to as a dooring accident. Imagine taking a ride down the street on your motorcycle when suddenly, a car door is flung open into your path. People who are getting out of their cars need to make sure they can safely open their doors before they do so, or they may injure an unsuspecting biker.
- Right-of-way crashes: Common at stop signs, intersections, and when merging onto the highway, bikers are injured all the time by negligent drivers when trying to make a left-hand turn or when merging with traffic.
- Distracted drivers: Texting while driving, playing around with a navigation system or the radio, rubbernecking, eating and drinking ─ these are all just a few ways people can be distracted while driving. If a driver isn't fully paying attention to the road, they may not see a biker and injure them in a collision.
- Defective parts: Sometimes motorcycle crashes happen because of faulty or defective parts. If that's the case, the manufacturer of the part could be held responsible for any of your damages.
Whether you were injured in a crash by a driver who wasn't paying attention or a drunk driver ran you off the road and caused serious injuries, our Washington, DC motorcycle accident lawyers at the Mike Slocumb Law Firm can help. Our Washington, DC motorcycle wreck attorneys have years of experience handling claims for injured bikers, and we know what it takes to get you the compensation you're entitled to.
Act fast, get a Washington, DC motorcycle accident lawyer on your side
Our Washington, DC motorcycle lawyers understand the enthusiasm and passion that bikers have for riding their motorcycles. No biker expects to get injured when going out for a ride, but accidents happen, and people get hurt. Through no fault of your own, you could be faced with a severe injury, skyrocketing medical expenses, lost wages, pain, suffering, and emotional distress. Now try to imagine negotiating with an insurance company who thinks you fit their stereotype of a reckless biker and offers you a settlement you're not even sure will cover all your accident-related expenses. Don't let them bully you, and don't settle for less.
We understand the stigma that bikers have, and we realize it's not fair. We can handle the insurance company, and if they don't want to play fair, we're not afraid to take the battle to court. You need to act quickly because evidence can disappear, and witnesses can forget what happened. The longer you wait to take action, the more likely it will be that you get taken advantage of by a greedy insurance company. Fight back with the help of a Washington, DC motorcycle accident lawyer. Contact the Mike Slocumb Law Firm today for a free consultation.