Auburn Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident caused by someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for damages such as medical bills, lost income, pain, suffering, and other expenses. It is crucial to seek the help of an experienced motorcycle accident attorney who can assist you with your claim.
At Mike Slocumb Law Firm, we have a proven track record of helping motorcycle accident victims recover fair financial compensation when they have been severely injured due to the reckless or negligent actions of another motorist. Our motorcycle accident lawyers, based in Auburn, represent clients throughout Lee County and the surrounding areas, offering individualized legal guidance and unwavering advocacy at every stage of the process. We are not intimidated by big insurance companies and are always ready to take your case to court if necessary.
On This Page:
- What to Do After an Accident
- Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen?
- How Can an Attorney Help With My Claim?
If you've been involved in a motorcycle accident, it's important to take the right steps in order to protect your health, your legal rights, and your financial wellbeing.
Here's what to do after a motorcycle accident:
- Seek Medical Attention: Your health and safety should be your top priority after a motorcycle accident. Even if you don't think you've been seriously injured, it's a good idea to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Many injuries, such as whiplash or concussions, may not be immediately apparent.
- Contact Law Enforcement: Call the police to report the accident and request that they come to the scene. The police will create a report, which can be important evidence in any legal proceedings.
- Collect Evidence: Take photos of the accident scene, including the vehicles involved, any damage, and any visible injuries. Get contact information from any witnesses, and make notes about what happened.
- Contact Your Insurance Company: Notify your insurance company of the accident, even if you believe the other driver was at fault.
- Contact an Attorney: It's a good idea to consult with an experienced attorney who can help you understand your legal options and protect your rights. They can help you navigate the complex legal and insurance issues that can arise after a motorcycle accident.
Call (334) 219-3906 today to get started on your case.
Client TestimonialsOur Clients TELL THEIR STORIES
I thank Mike Slocumb so much for changing my life.
“I thank Mike Slocumb so much for changing my life. David and Mike were like Angels to me. I didn’t know if I would ever walk again.”
Mr. Gracie handled my case, he was superb.
“Mr. Gracie is really, really experienced and an exceptional lawyer.”
I Couldn't Have Been Happier
“My case was actually settled earlier than projected and I couldn't have been happier with the outcome.”
“I dealt with Lowell Moore here and I’ll recommend him to anyone, anytime! The defining factor was his communication... I was able to always deal with Lowell firsthand about any questions or concerns I had.”
“Attorney Lowell Moore was awesome in the whole process! He kept us included in every move made for our accident/injury case. Never had an issue with communication and he really showed us he cares about his clients!!!”
Motorcycle accidents can be caused by a variety of factors, ranging from driver error to environmental conditions. Some of the most common causes include:
- Driver Error: In many cases, motorcycle accidents occur due to errors made by other drivers on the road. These can include distracted driving, speeding, failing to signal when changing lanes, and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Poor Road Conditions: Motorcycles are more vulnerable to road hazards than other vehicles. Poor road conditions such as potholes, loose gravel, and uneven pavement can cause a motorcycle to lose control and crash.
- Weather Conditions: Rain, snow, and ice can make roads slick and reduce visibility, making it difficult for motorcyclists to navigate safely.
- Inexperienced Riders: Motorcycles require a different set of skills than driving a car, and inexperienced riders may not be prepared to handle unexpected situations on the road.
- Equipment Failure: Motorcycle accidents can also be caused by mechanical failures such as brake or tire failure.
It's important for motorcyclists to be aware of these factors and take steps to minimize their risks.
If you've been involved in a motorcycle accident, hiring an experienced attorney can be an invaluable resource in helping you navigate the complex legal and insurance issues that can arise.
Here are some ways that our attorneys can help with your motorcycle accident claim:
- Protecting Your Rights: Our lawyers can help ensure that your legal rights are protected throughout the claims process. We can communicate with insurance companies and other parties on your behalf, and can negotiate to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and other damages.
- Investigating Your Claim: Our team can conduct a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding your accident. This can include reviewing accident reports, interviewing witnesses, and gathering evidence to support your claim.
- Evaluating Your Damages: We can help you understand the full extent of your damages by working with medical experts and other professionals to evaluate the long-term impact of your injuries.
- Negotiating with Insurance Companies: Insurance companies often try to minimize payouts to accident victims. Our attorneys can help negotiate with insurance companies to ensure that you receive a fair settlement for your damages.
- Representing You in Court: If your case goes to trial, our firm can represent you in court using our knowledge of the law and the legal system to advocate for your interests and rights.