Mobile, AL Truck Accident Attorneys
Semi-Truck & 18-Wheeler Accidents in Mobile County
If you or someone you love was involved in a car accident with a semi-truck, tractor-trailer, or another large commercial vehicle, you already know just how devastating these crashes are. All too often, large truck accidents lead to catastrophic injuries and deaths. At Mike Slocumb Law Firm, we believe that those responsible should be brought to justice.
Our truck accident attorneys in Mobile, Alabama bring decades of collective experience to our practice, as well as a long and impressive track record of success. To date, our firm has recovered more than $500 million in compensation, and we are ready to fight tirelessly for you and your family. While no amount of financial recovery can negate the devastating experience you have been through, a fair settlement or verdict can provide much-needed financial relief and a sense of justice that allows you to heal.
After a large truck accident in Mobile County or the nearby areas, call Mike Slocumb Law Firm at (251) 309-4411 and request a free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.
Leading Causes of Truck Accidents
Just like any other motor vehicle accident, most large truck accidents are caused by negligence.
Some specific examples include:
- Truck Driver Error: When truck drivers are negligent, they may make significant or even fatal errors. Examples of truck driver negligence include distracted driving, speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, failing to yield the right of way, aggressive driving, and violating various traffic laws.
- Hours-of-Service Violations: State and federal hours-of-service regulations govern how many hours truck drivers may operate their vehicles. When drivers violate these rules, whether due to pressure from the trucking company to meet strict deadlines or to make up for lost time, they are at risk of driving while fatigued and may make a serious mistake.
- Trucking Company Negligence: Trucking company negligence is often an indirect cause of large truck accidents. Examples include failing to conduct background checks on new drivers, failing to discipline drivers who violate the law or company policies, inadequate driver training, and pressure to meet unrealistic quotas or delivery deadlines.
- Issues with Cargo/Freight: Large trucks often carry multiple tons of cargo for hundreds or even thousands of miles. This cargo must be properly loaded to ensure that it does not shift during transit, as this can lead to the driver losing control of the vehicle. Overloaded trucks that violate federal, state, or municipal weight capacity laws can also be extremely dangerous.
- Poor Truck Maintenance: Because large trucks travel so far, they must be routinely inspected and maintained. Any issues should be immediately reported and resolved. When truck drivers, trucking companies, and other entities fail to conduct adequate truck inspections, maintenance, and repairs, it can lead to serious and even deadly accidents.
- Defects: Defectively designed tractors or trailers, defective truck parts, and even roadway defects, such as broken traffic signals or unsafe speed limits, can have devastating consequences. Similarly, poor roadway maintenance may result in certain hazards, such as potholes, that could indirectly cause an accident.
The Mobile truck accident attorneys at Mike Slocumb Law Firm know how to thoroughly investigate truck accidents. We work with accident reconstructionists and other experts to review all available evidence, including hours-of-service logs, electronic (black box) data, and more. This allows us to obtain a clear picture of what happened—and who is to blame for your injuries.
Establishing liability in a truck accident case can be tricky due to the many parties involved. However, our team has extensive experience successfully handling these cases. We know how to identify the liable party and bring a powerful case against them, all with the intent of maximizing your recovery.
I thank Mike Slocumb so much for changing my life.
“I thank Mike Slocumb so much for changing my life. David and Mike were like Angels to me. I didn’t know if I would ever walk again.”
Mr. Gracie handled my case, he was superb.
“Mr. Gracie is really, really experienced and an exceptional lawyer.”
I Couldn't Have Been Happier
“My case was actually settled earlier than projected and I couldn't have been happier with the outcome.”
“I dealt with Lowell Moore here and I’ll recommend him to anyone, anytime! The defining factor was his communication... I was able to always deal with Lowell firsthand about any questions or concerns I had.”
“Attorney Lowell Moore was awesome in the whole process! He kept us included in every move made for our accident/injury case. Never had an issue with communication and he really showed us he cares about his clients!!!”
Compensation for Truck Accident Victims
By filing a personal injury claim against the trucking company or another liable party, you can seek fair financial compensation for your accident-related damages. At Mike Slocumb Law Firm, we know that financial compensation doesn’t make up for the losses you have endured. However, we have also seen firsthand how truck accident victims can manage unexpected expenses and continue on the path toward healing when they recover a fair settlement or verdict from the liable party.
Depending on the specific details of your case, you may be able to recover compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income/wages
- Lost employment benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished earning capacity
- Reduced quality/enjoyment of life
- Future medical care costs
- Future lost earnings
- Future pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
You may even be entitled to punitive damages; however, you will need to prove that the defendant acted with gross negligence, malice, or egregious misconduct to recover these types of damages.
While we cannot say for sure how much your case might be worth without first reviewing the unique details involved, we can assure you that we will do everything possible to maximize your recovery. At Mike Slocumb Law Firm, we have earned a reputation for our aggressive client advocacy and tireless approach to litigation. Our Mobile truck accident lawyers are not afraid to go to trial if that’s what it takes to recover the fair compensation you and your family deserve.
Reach out to our firm today to schedule a complimentary case evaluation; call (251) 309-4411 or contact us online using our secure submission form.