Jackson Car Accident Lawyers Who Get Compensation For Injured Victims
Hurt in a collision? A Jackson car crash attorney will fight for you
Whether you've been hurt in a collision on Interstate 220 or injured in a crash on Route 51, our Jackson car accident lawyers will fight to get you the compensation you need and deserve so you can move on with your life. A collision with another vehicle can be a nerve-wracking and painful experience. Your wreck could have lasting consequences, and trying to get reimbursed for your expenses and other costs often proves to be an uphill battle.
People who are hurt in collisions typically need help recovering compensation for their medical bills, lost income, pain, suffering, mental anguish, and more. If you've been injured in a wreck, an experienced Jackson car accident attorney can help make things right. Contact the Mike Slocumb Law Firm in Jackson today for a free consultation.
Jackson car wreck lawyers who help after all types of collisions
All sorts of collisions happen in Mississippi's capital city, and nationwide millions of people are hurt in car accidents every year. Our Jackson car crash attorneys have experience helping clients who have been hurt in wrecks by helping them through the injury claim process and, if necessary, taking the battle to court.
Whether you were injured in a rear-end collision, a head-on crash, a T-bone accident, by a drunk driver, or by someone who was distracted because they were doing something like texting while driving, you have rights, and our trusted Jackson car accident lawyers can help you exercise those rights. Our car wreck attorneys also help families with wrongful death lawsuits if a loved one was killed in a fatal crash due to someone else's negligence. No matter your needs, the Mike Slocumb Law Firm can help when you've been hurt in a wreck.
While every collision doesn't require legal action, a lot of injured crash victims in Mississippi secure the services of a knowledgeable Jackson car accident lawyer to help them get the compensation they need and deserve, either through negotiations with the insurance company or in court through a legal verdict. Our Jackson car crash attorneys can help injured victims recover reimbursement for:
- Medical expenses: If you were hurt in a car accident, you have the right to seek reimbursement for hospital bills, prescriptions, medical devices, and even the cost to travel to and from your doctor visits. These expenses can become considerable for crash victims who have been seriously injured and need surgical procedures or long-term care.
- Lost income: Victims who are hurt in collisions often need to take time off from work so they can recuperate from their injury. The amount of financial reimbursement one receives depends on that person's regular income, age, and severity of their injuries, among other things.
- Replacement services: If a crash victim was able to perform regular household tasks such as childcare, yard work, cleaning, and home maintenance before they were injured, they have a right to recover compensation for replacement services if they are no longer able to do these tasks on their own as a result of their injury.
- Home or vehicle modifications: Crash victims with a permanent disability from their car accident may need modifications done to their home or vehicle to accommodate their disability. This can include something such as a wheelchair ramp or automatic door opener for a home, or hand controls and swivel seats for a vehicle.
- Property damage: This covers damage to the victim's vehicle and any other personal property that may have been damaged due to the collision.
Our Jackson car accident attorneys can also help crash victims recover non-economic damages for pain and suffering, loss of quality of life, mental anguish, and loss of consortium for family members of victims who were severely injured or killed in a collision.
Furthermore, if you or a loved one were hurt in a wreck by someone's gross negligence or malicious intent, you have a right to take legal action for punitive damages, which are intended to punish the at-fault party. Certain kinds of car accidents may warrant compensation for punitive damages, including drunk driving wrecks, hit-and-run crashes, and collisions involving people fleeing from police.
Let our Jackson car accident lawyers get to work on your claim
It's customary for insurance companies to offer injured crash victims a settlement immediately after a wreck. That's because they know you probably have no idea what the true cost of all your accident-related expenses will be until much further down the road, and it's a perfect opportunity for them to save money on their bottom line. Our Jackson car crash attorneys have seen greedy insurance companies take advantage of too many crash victims who find out later their case was worth much more than what they received in a settlement. If you've been injured in a wreck, don't let this happen to you. Take a stand and fight back with the help of a Jackson car accident lawyer. Contact the Mike Slocumb Law Firm in Jackson today for a free consultation.