Charleston Car Accident Lawyers Standing Up For Injured Crash Victims
Hurt in a wreck? Our Charleston car crash attorneys will fight for you
Car wrecks that result in injury can quickly become complex, but our Charleston car accident lawyers can help injured crash victims after all sorts of collisions and get them the compensation they're entitled to.
Car accidents are an unfortunate part of life, and they happen everywhere. Charleston is the capital city of West Virginia and the most populous city in the state, so it should come as no surprise that collisions happen here often. Whether you were rear-ended and injured in a collision on Capitol Street in downtown Charleston, side swiped and hurt in an accident on I-77 or suffered damage in a multi-vehicle wreck on the West Virginia Turnpike, our experienced Charleston car accident attorneys can work to get you the best possible outcome for your claim. Contact a lawyer from the Mike Slocumb Law Firm in Charleston today for a free consultation.
Car accident lawyers ready to serve Charleston's injured crash victims
There are a lot of different ways to get into a crash in Charleston and throughout Kanawha County. Rear-end collisions, head-on crashes, T-bone/side impact wrecks, accidents caused by drunk, distracted, texting, or fatigued drivers ─ you name it, and our car accident attorneys have probably seen it. Dealing with an injury from any type of car accident or trying to cope with the loss of a family member killed in a fatal crash can be daunting.
Our Charleston car accident lawyers have years of experience winning cases in Kanawha County and West Virginia, and they know what it takes to build a strong claim that must be taken seriously.
Few people realize that insurance companies rarely pay crash victims compensation that's reasonable or fair if those people don't have an experienced attorney who is willing to fight for them in court. Insurance companies know if you're being represented by a car accident lawyer who's intimidated by the courtroom and has no trial experience, they can lowball you every single time they make a settlement offer. That's why if you've been injured in a crash, you need an experienced Charleston car crash attorney who isn't afraid to take things to the next step in court, if necessary. Our Charleston car accident lawyers can help injured crash victims obtain compensation for:
- Property damage: Maybe your car was totaled in the wreck. Perhaps it needed thousands of dollars in repairs. It might be that you were wearing glasses that got ruined in the crash, or a piece of property such as a laptop was in your vehicle and got destroyed as a result of the collision. Our attorneys can request reimbursement for whatever property of yours was damaged or destroyed in the accident.
- Medical expenses: Even car accidents that happen at low speeds and cause minimal damage to the vehicles involved can result in a serious injury. Soft tissue injuries are common in crashes at lower speeds, and sometimes those types of injuries can take days or weeks to manifest. Our Charleston car accident lawyers can help injured crash victims get compensation for doctor bills, the cost to travel to and from doctor appointments, hospital bills, prescriptions, medical devices, and visits to specialists such as chiropractors.
- Lost wages: You may feel fine after being in a collision, but sometimes injuries don't manifest immediately. While you may feel okay in the moments immediately after your crash, you could have an injury that leaves you waking up in pain and with limited mobility the very next day. If that's the case, there's a good chance you won't be able to work. Our Charleston car crash attorneys can help you get financial reimbursement for lost income due to missed time from work.
- Replacement services: When someone was able to perform day-to-day tasks such as taking care of their children, household chores, and home maintenance before they were injured in a crash, they have a right to compensation for replacement services if they are no longer able to do the same tasks due to their injury.
- Home or vehicle modifications: Sometimes car accidents result in permanent disabilities that require modifications to that person's home or vehicle to accommodate the crash victim. This can be things such as wheelchair ramps for the home, or something like hand controls for a vehicle.
- Non-economic damages: It's easy to prove damages on an economic level. Crash victims get bills for doctor visits and repairs to their vehicle, and pay stubs can be proof of income. But how do you put a price on the emotional distress and mental anguish someone goes through after being in a car accident? Shouldn't you be compensated for the pain and suffering you've had to endure? Our car crash lawyers can help crash victims obtain compensation for pain and suffering, loss of quality of life, and loss of consortium for family members who lost a loved one in a fatal crash.
- Punitive damages: Depending on the circumstances surrounding your wreck, our attorneys may be able to request punitive damages. Punitive damages are intended to punish the at-fault party for their gross negligence. They are commonly warranted in crashes involving drunk drivers, hit-and-run accidents, and collisions with people who decide to flee from law enforcement.
Let a Charleston car accident attorney deliver winning results
Insurance policies can cost a lot, but insurance adjusters tend to get cheap when it comes to settlement negotiations. Some insurance companies will automatically deny any kind of injury claim if damage to the vehicles involved doesn't meet a certain monetary threshold. That means that no matter what you're going through with your injury, they don't care. They have numbers they use as guidelines, and a lot of crash victims end up getting treated like a number when all they want is compensation that's fair and deserved.
Our Charleston car accident lawyers have seen countless crash victims get taken advantage of by insurance companies who are only looking out for one thing ─ their own bottom line. They bully and pressure crash victims into taking quick settlement offers so they can resolve the claim quickly and, in most cases, protect their own profits.
If you've been injured in a wreck, don't let the insurance company play hardball with you. Our attorneys can help you settle your claim fairly, and if push comes to shove, we aren't afraid to take the battle to court. Take a stand and fight back with the help of a Charleston car accident lawyer. Contact the Mike Slocumb Law Firm in Charleston today for a free consultation.