Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Jackson, MS
Help for Motorcycle Crash Victims in Hinds, Madison, and Rankin Counties
Motorcycle accidents are common in Jackson, and many of them are caused by careless drivers. When a motorist is not paying attention and fails to see a motorcyclist, the consequences can be deadly.
If you or a loved one was hurt in a motorcycle crash, you have legal rights. Our Jackson motorcycle accident attorneys at Mike Slocumb Law Firm can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
How Mike Slocumb Law Firm Can Help
Motorcycle accident victims often face a long road to recovery. You may be unable to work while you are healing from your injuries. You may need ongoing medical treatment, including surgeries and physical therapy. And, you may be permanently disabled and unable to return to work.
At the Mike Slocumb Law Firm, we understand the challenges you are facing. Our legal team will work tirelessly to help you pursue compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. We will handle all the legal details so you can focus on getting better.
What Is My Case Worth?
One of the most common questions we hear from motorcycle accident victims is, “What is my case worth?” Unfortunately, there is no easy answer.
The value of your case will depend on several factors, including:
- The severity of your injuries
- The amount of time you missed from work
- Whether you are permanently disabled
- How the accident has impacted your quality of life
Our Jackson motorcycle accident lawyers can review the details of your case and give you an idea of what it may be worth. We will fight for the maximum compensation available so you can move forward with your life.
Determining the Cause of Your Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle accidents can happen in the blink of an eye, and they can be caused by a wide range of factors.
The most common causes of motorcycle crashes in Jackson, MS include:
- Left-hand turns
- Unsafe lane changes
- Open car doors (dooring)
- Sudden or abrupt stops
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving
- Dangerous roads
- Motorcycle defects
Our legal team can thoroughly investigate your motorcycle accident and determine what caused it. We will then gather the evidence we need to prove that the other driver was at fault.
What Compensation Can I Get for My Injuries?
Motorcycle accident injuries can be severe and life-changing. You may be left with a permanent disability and unable to return to work. You may need ongoing medical treatment, including surgeries, physical therapy, and rehabilitation. And, you may be unable to enjoy the activities you once loved.
Our Jackson motorcycle accident lawyers will fight for the maximum compensation available so you can move forward with your life.
You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Current and future loss of wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death (if applicable)
- And other damages
Deadline for Filing a Lawsuit in Mississippi
Like all states, Mississippi has a statute of limitations for motorcycle accident lawsuits. You have three years from the date of the crash (or the date your injuries were discovered) to file a lawsuit. It is important to consult with a motorcycle accident attorney in Jackson as soon as possible. If you do not file your lawsuit before the deadline, you will lose your right to do so.
What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Crash?
Motorcycle accidents can be overwhelming, and it can be hard to know what to do in the aftermath, but there are several steps you can take to protect your health and your legal rights. These include:
- Get medical attention. Even if you think your injuries are minor, it is important to get checked out by a doctor as soon as possible. Some injuries do not show symptoms right away, and a delay in treatment could put your health at risk.
- Report the crash. Call the police and report the accident. A police officer will come to the scene and write an accident report. This report will contain important details about the crash, including who was at fault. Get a copy of the report before you leave.
- Take pictures. If you are able to, take pictures of the accident scene, your injuries, and any damage to your motorcycle. These pictures could be valuable evidence if you decide to file a lawsuit.
- Exchange information. Get the other driver’s name, contact information, and insurance information. You will need this information when you file a claim.
- Get witness information. If anyone saw the accident, get their name and phone number. Your motorcycle accident lawyer may need to contact them and get a statement about what they saw.
- Call your insurance company. Report the accident to your insurance company, but do not give a recorded statement or accept a settlement until you have spoken to an attorney.
- Call a motorcycle wreck lawyer. The sooner you call an attorney, the better. Your lawyer can handle all the legal details of your case and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Motorcycle accident cases can be complicated, and the insurance company is not on your side. The Mike Slocumb Law Firm has a long track record of getting results for motorcycle wreck victims in Jackson. We know how the legal system works in Mississippi, and we are not afraid to take on the insurance company. If they refuse to negotiate in good faith, we will not hesitate to take them to court.
We will fight for the maximum compensation available so you can move forward with your life. Contact our motorcycle accident lawyers in Jackson today to schedule a free consultation. We will review the details of your case and explain your legal options. If you decide to hire us, we will launch a thorough investigation into your crash and fight for the compensation you deserve.